At your first appointment a clinical orthodontic assessment will be performed. We will explain any problems to you and discuss if treatment is necessary. At the end of this appointment you will know
- What the orthodontic problem is.
- What we can do to correct the problem.
- How long it will take.
- How much it will cost.
- The best time to commence treatment.
When you first arrive at this appointment we may take some photos of you so that Dr Lipshatz can use them as a visual aid in explaining all of the above to you. We strive to make the braces cost as affordable as possible.
If treatment is required, the next step is to take records. This involves taking impressions of the teeth for study models, taking intra and extra oral photos and x-rays. Dr Lipshatz will then comprehensively study the problem and confirm the proposed treatment plan.
The next appointment, if necessary, is called a “Case Discussion”. Dr Lipshatz will discuss the disgnosis with you in detail and explain the means to achieving the best possible functional and aesthetic results. Any questions will be answered and we take the time to enable you to make an informed decision regarding treatment.
- Before your first appointment please download a copy of our New Patient information and medical history form.
- To make your time with us more personal tell us a bit about yourself by completing our About You Form.
Completing New Patient Forms
Please save the form to your computer and complete using Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader rather than completing in a web browser.
- To save on a PC right-click the mouse and choose ‘Save as’.
- For a Mac use Ctrl click and choose to ‘Save link as…’.
If completing on a mobile device Adobe Reader is available as free app for the ipad/iphone in iTunes and Android devices in the Google Play Store.
When completeing the form please type your name in the signature field.
If you don’t have a desktop email program, please save the completed PDF and email to [email protected] using your preferred webmail service, or print out and bring with you to your first appointment.