Braces are on, now what?
What to expect after your braces are put on?
You will probably not feel too much for the first few hours after the braces have been placed. If you do experience discomfort, it will probably be during the first evening. Feelings of tension in the teeth may last anywhere from a day up to a week. As with most things ,patients experience a range of reactions . Some people go home and are fine to eat normal foods, while others prefer to eat softer foods like pasta and soup for several days.
If your teeth are feeling especially tender you can take pain relief such as Panadol or Neurofen. Chewing sugarless gum can often relieve some of the soreness.
If you feel that anything you are experiencing may not be normal or have any questions, please feel free to call us.
Beautiful smiles are a team effort.
Dr Lipshatz and all the staff are now working with you as a team with a common goal – a beautiful smile with straight and healthy teeth. In between appointments we need you to keep your teeth in great condition by brushing and correctly taking care of your appliances.
Know your braces
• Coloured Modules: These are small plastic rings that hold the arch wire in place.
• Wire: The arch wire is attached to the teeth via slots in the metal brackets and is held in place with a metal gate that is closed over the wire, or with small plastic rings called modules.
• Metal Bracket: Metal brackets are glued onto the teeth. They have a slot through the middle in which the arch wire sits.
• Hooks: are used to attach elastics to.
• Tube: This holds the arch wire in place around the very back teeth.
Ready for your
and make an appointment today!